Friday, November 28, 2008

Viral Muppets

I have long been a muppet fan. I grew up on Sesame Street, Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and, of course, Kermit. They were part of my daily television habit; no day would be complete without seeing that wonderful show. They were also my introduction to the Muppet Show, the show designed by Jim Henson to cater to more "grown up" entertainment.

These shows were brilliant, brilliant enough to have been watched not only by me, but by my parents too, who would rush home on Sundays so as not to miss the airing. The muppets here became more like real people, complete with psychological quirks. We were introduced to a whole universe of muppets, conceived differently from their relatively innocent counterparts in Sesame Street.

Sadly, it seems like time has not been kind to the muppets. Their last movies tanked. Most of the younger set don't even know them anymore.

They've disappeared from the spotlight for some time now, and could be found by loyal fans on YouTube and other such sights, where one can watch some clips and re-live some classic moments. I thought that classic moments were all that were left.

You can imagine my delight, therefore, when I found these...






It's a thrill to see them back! And they're new! Apparently, there' still some life left in the ol' Muppet mystique! There are others on YouTube. Find them yourselves and enjoy!!



No comments: